Spirits Institute Puget Sound offers outside consultation on an hourly, short-term or project basis. Also, new for 2018, a special SIPS VIPs concierge consultation service is now being offered. All rates are shown below.
At long last, a master distiller and distillation engineer is now available on a consultancy basis to assist you in the establishment of your project! SIPS has a broad client base, and references are available upon request. Consultation services have been widely dispensed domestically, but SIPS has also been dispatched to Canada, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, Serbia, Philippines, Samoa, Bolivia and India ~ a growing list of international job sites.
Your first consultation is always offered on a gratis basis, and many clients have remarked that the rates for these services are far more reasonable than expected.
- Basic rates: $150.00/hour, or $1000.00/day (12 hours)
- "SIPS VIPs" concierge consultation: depending on scope of project and distance, a retainer of $1500.00 to $2000.00 monthly is payable quarterly in advance
At the first instance of your need in the commercial production of craft-distilled spirits, please write a note to:
Or, call the SIPS Fine Spirits Hotline:
- recipe and process development
- formulation and federal approval
- label design and federal approval
- expert-level distillation tutorial
- physical plant layout
- still design and fabrication
- equipment selection
- quality assurance and control
- filtration and bottling fundamentals
- maturation innovations (our specialty!)